Paul’s exhortation to holy living is to “put off the grave-clothes to put on the grace-clothes.”
“Put off the old sin life to put on the holiness life in Christ.”Four motives that ought to encourage us to walk…
- The grace of God for undeserving sinners (3:12-14)
- If God saved a sinner based on merit or works, nobody would be saved. It is all done through His race that it might all bring glory to God.
- The peace of Christ in the heart of man leads to peace with others in the the church (3:15)
- Paul turned from character to conduct.
- The Word of God always magnifies Jesus Christ (3:16)
- The Word gives us life and sustains and strengthens us. (1 Peter 1:22-2:3)
- The name of Christ is our identification and authority (3:17)
- Bearing the name of Jesus is a great privilege, but it is also a tremendous responsibilityn