Equipment – Part 2 Ephesians 6:16-17
While the first three pieces of the armor were for long-range preparation and protection and were never taken off, the shield, the helmet, and the sword were kept for readiness and were used when actual fighting began.
The Last Three Pieces…
- The Shield of Faith (6:16)
- This symbolizes not saving faith but living faith.
- The Helmet of Salvation(6:16)
- This refers to the mind controlled by God.
- The Sword of the Spirit (6:17)
- This is the offensive weapon God has graciously provided for us.
His faithfulness makes possible our faith. He is our salvation and He is the Word of God.