It does little good if Christians declare
and defend the truth, but fail to demonstrate it in their lives.
Titus 1:16 – “they profess that they know God, but in works they deny Him.”
Three ways Doctrine is connected with Duty…
- Seek the Heavenly (3:1-4)
- We must keep our affection and attention fixed on the things of heaven. (Deuteronomy 11:21)
- Slay the Earthly. (3:5-9)
- What we desire usually determines what we do. (Psalm 51:10; Mark 7:21-23)
- Strengthen the Christly. (3:10-11)
- The crisis of salvation leads to the process of sanctification. (Romans 12:2)
Christ is all and in all,
is the emphasis in this letter
and should be in our daily lives.