“The strength of a nation is derived from the integrity of its homes.”
Paul addresses three groups…
- Husbands and Wives: Love and Submission. (18-19)
- ”love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong.” (1 Cor. 13:4-5)
- Parents and Children: Encouragement and obedience. (20-21)
- ”And, fathers do not provoke your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4)
- Masters and Servants: Honesty and devotion. (22-4:1)
- ”My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory.” 9. “But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law of transgressors.”( James 2:1,9)
Ephesians emphasizes being filled with the Spirit and
Colossians emphasizes being filled with the Word.
But the evidences are the same.