The power of speech is a gift from God, and it must be used the way God ordains
and never underestimate the power speech has.
Four Ministries of Speech…
- The ministry of prayer. (4:2-3a)
- Prayer and worship are perhaps the highest uses of the gift of speech.
- God’s delays are not always God’s denials.
- Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance; it is laying hold of His willingness.
- The ministry of proclaiming the Word of God. (4:3b-4)
- Paul did not ask for the prison doors to be opened, but that doors of ministry might be opened.
- The ministry of witnessing to the lost. (4:5-6)
- The Christian walk and talk must be in harmony with each other
- The ministry of sharing others burdens. (4:7-9)
- The Christ follower encourages and assist others in their time of need. The greatest ability in the world is dependability.