Today a new series starts called “Worship: What’s the Big Deal”. The next few messages by Transitional Pastor Dan leads us to the prophet Isaiah’s writings in Isaiah 6 to consider an incredible vision that radically changed Isaiah’s perspective of God. A.W. Tozer wrote, “God stands apart from all others in light unapproachable. He is as high above an archangel as above a caterpillar, for the gulf that separates the archangel from the caterpillar is but finite, while the gulf between God and the archangel is infinite.”
Worship: What’s the Big Deal?
Praise and Thanksgiving
- It’s our ultimate priority.
- Mark 12:28-31
- God seeks those who worship Him.
- John 4:21-23
- Worship is our ministry to God.
- Acts 13:2
- It is a whole-life ministry
- Romans 12:1-2
Worship Cycle One: Praise and Thanksgiving
- Praise is our expression of our love of God for who He is.
- Psalm 100
- Thanksgiving is our love and expression for what He has done.
- Philippians 4:4
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Worship is setting our minds attention
and our hearts affection on God.